Financing research and innovation
This paragraph will be of interest to all those who are involved in not only research but also innovation.
There are indeed numerous solutions and possible ways of funding innovation and research, such as :
- Local, regional, national and European aids and subsidies,
- Repayable advances,
- Tax credits such as the Innovation Tax Credit and the Research Tax Credit,
- Development support in France and abroad,
But you need to know how to go about it. And why you must know how to be selective!
The paradox is often that an aid, subsidy or tax credit can cost more than the expected gain and be counter-productive for the company as well as for a third party.
After several years in this environment, it is natural for all managers to require a “real” funding strategy.
Do you wish to save time? Money? And finance your projects with the best lever effect!
For over 20 years we have been successfully adopting this approach in the search for funding, as well as in the arranging, presentation, acquisition and monitoring of financing.
So don’t waste time, contact us!
The 5 stages of our support approach up to the acquisition of the research tax credit
1- Drawing up guidelines
- Meeting your requirements
- Analysis of the technical, legal and tax context within your company
2- Recommendations - optimization - organisation
- Presentation of the best optimisation and security strategies
- Drawing up of the French and European accreditation documents
3- Research audit
- A study of the technical perimeter
- Expenditure analysis
- Declaration document n° 2069A and complementary declarations
5- Security and follow-up
- Technical and financial justification
- Assistance in the event of an inspection
- Optimization N+1,…
What research expenditure is acceptable?
- The depreciation charges of assets assigned to research and development operations
- Personnel costs linked to research workers and technicians
- Operating costs which are set at a fixed rate in relation to staff expenditure (75% in most cases)
- The research and development expenditure entrusted to institutions approved by the Research Ministry in France as well as other European Union member countries, up to a maximum of 2 million € per year
- Deposit fees and patent maintenance fees, and unlimited patent defence litigation costs
- Norm expenditure relating to the company products, technological monitoring up to a maximum of 60 000 €
- Expenditure linked to the creation of new collections put on show by companies in the textile/clothing/leather sector
Our track record
Following various procedures for the development of the Research Tax Credit, the Comitatus team has already been involved in over 100 assignments within companies or in consultancy firms.
- Several companies quoted on the CAC 40 or on other financial markets.
- National companies, small- and medium-sized companies in all sectors of activity.
During these assignments :
- The value of the research expenditure audited varies between 10,000 Euros and 150 million Euros according to the size of the companies and the type of research work.
- We have audited almost a billion Euros’ worth of research expenditure
Sectors in which we have already successfully intervened!
Land Transport (Rail, Automobile…), Air Transport, Energy, On-Board Electronics and Domestic Electronics, Computer Software, Environment, Metallurgy and Mining, Agri-Food, Paper Industry, Mechanical Industry, Cosmetics, Components, Textiles, Chemicals and Fine Chemicals, Optics, Health, Tribology, Surface Treatment
Comitatus and Orbis Strategy are at your service – dedicated to company development and its economic optimisation.
Contact details – France
4, rue Jean Moulin 69470 GENAS France +33 (0) 662 197 753 email@example.com
Contact details – Thailand
Orbis Strategy 153/3, 4th Floor, Goldenland Building, Soi Mahardlekluang 1, Rajdamri Road, Lumpini, Phathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand +66 (0) 98 329 6266 firstname.lastname@example.org